There Is A Change Coming To Your UBCO Parking Permit
Effective July 1st 2017 UBCO parking permits will be virtual, meaning you will no longer need to display a permit.
How will Parking Services know that you have a permit?
Enforcement now confirms compliance with the license plate, not the hanging permit. The license plate is scanned and must be in the system linked to a permit or a daily pass. If not, a ticket is issued.
What do you need to do?
Simply ensure that your vehicle information is correct and up to date in your parking account, and remember to update it should your vehicle information change.
To update your vehicle information:
- Visit parking.ok.ubc.ca
- Login to Parking Account
- Manage Account, and enter your CWL information
- Select Vehicles from the top of the page
Tips on updating your vehicle:
- Only license plate, make and colour is required
- Unless you have a personalized license plate, the character will be a zero (0), not the letter ‘O’
- If you have a rental or loaner vehicle through a dealership or repair shop, do not add it to your account. Contact Parking Services 250-807-8554 / email@example.com with your license plate and vehicle description.
- Up to 5 vehicles can be added to your parking account. One vehicle can be parked on campus at any given time. If an additional vehicle is parked on campus, it must pay for parking separately, either at a parking meter, Pay Station, or through Honk.
- If adding the vehicle of a friend or family member, make sure to check for tickets before you add a plate. Any ticket(s) that a vehicle already has, or receives, will be on your account and become your responsibility. Don’t get stuck with the tickets of a friend or family member!