Parking services will have a select number of parking permits available to purchase for term 2. The waitlist for these permits will open on November 14th at 9am PST. We expect the permits to go on sale in the second week of January.
Below you will find information about permit waitlists that can be found at https://parking.ok.ubc.ca/permits/student-resident-permits/#student. I have highlighted key points in Bold below. To increase the chances of getting a permit students should add their name to the waitlist as soon as they open at 9am or as close to that time as possible.
WAITLISTS AND PURCHASING
Before the waitlist open date
- Create or login to your UBC Parking account with your UBC CWL.
- Make sure your vehicle and payment and contact details are up to date.
Once waitlists are open
- Login to your UBC Parking account.
- Select “Add/Edit Waitlist”
- Only lots available for waitlist placement will be displayed.
- If you do not see your preferred lot, that means waitlist capacity is full.
- You can add your name to the waitlists for up to four lots.
Once permits are offered
- Permits are awarded based on your waitlist placement.
- If you become eligible to receive a permit, you will be e-maileda purchase offer.
- You will have a limited number of days to purchase, as noted in your permit award email.
- If a permit is not purchased during this time, the purchase offer will expire and the permit will be awarded to the next person on the waitlist.
- Be sure to monitor your email closely including spam and junk mail folders. Add firstname.lastname@example.org your list of ‘safe senders’, so offers land in your inbox.
Tip! For the best chance to receive a permit, add your name to the waitlist in the following lots: B, H, J and W.