Winter Term II Parking Permit Sales Postponed
In response to the news shared on December 22nd 2021 that the majority of instruction will be provided online until January 24th and with consideration being given (in certain circumstances) to accommodating remote working, Parking Services has decided to postpone Online permit sales for winter Term II.
By doing this anyone who is currently on a waitlist will maintain their current waitlist placement. Once the decision is made to resume with permit sales for winter Term II permits will be awarded with priority given to people on the waitlists. Once we have more detail on a return to on campus instruction we will determine a new permit sales date which will be posted on the Parking Services website.
Once permit sales commence they will be awarded and sent out via email. Permit awards do expire after a set number of days so please be sure to update your parking account with your current contact information and also keep a close eye on your email inbox and spam/junk mail folders.
If you do not currently have a parking permit but are required to be on campus to attend classes or for work purposes please contact the Parking Services office who will assist on a case by case basis.
UBC Okanagan Parking Update December 2021
- Winter term 1 permit sales and wait-lists are now closed.
Winter Term 2 Parking Permit Wait-list and Sale Dates
- Wait-list placement for Winter Term 2 parking permits for both commuting and residence students will open on December 15, 2021 at 9 am PST.
- You can place your name on up to four wait-lists at one time. Parking lots with the largest quantity of permits available are H, W, B and J (in that order). To increase your chances of obtaining a permit, it is suggested that you place your name on those four wait-lists and in that order of priority.
- Permit sales will commence on January 5, 2022 at 9 am PST.
Permit quantities are limited and offered based on your wait-list placement. In order to be offered a permit you must place your name on a wait-list. Placing your name on a waitlist does not guarantee that you will be offered a permit.
Commuting permits are available for waitlist placement.
Resident permits are available for waitlist placement.
* Before purchasing a permit you must have a vehicle on your parking account.
Faculty and Staff Permits & Permit Sales
- For payroll deduction application or exchange: If the start date falls within 1 to 15 of the month, you would be charged for a full month. After day 16 until the end of a month, the charge is for 1/2 month. Payroll cancellation is either on day 15 or at the end of the month.
- For new (non sessional) Faculty or Staff you can submit your application for payroll deduction by filling out the Payroll Deduction Application Form.
- The Parking Services Office is now located at 261AA of the second floor in the new Nechako building. We are down the hall behind the Housing front desk.