Parking Permit Information
STUDENTS NOTE: To purchase parking you must be enrolled in the current or Fall semester. If you are not registered in a credit course you will not be able to access your parking account.
UBC students, faculty and staff, login to your account with your UBC CWL.
2020/2021 Fall & Winter Permits
• Permits are tentatively set to go on sale for online purchase in August where the date is to be determined (TBD). All semester permits are first come first served based on availability.
Commuting student permits are tentatively set to go on sale for online purchase in August where the date is TBD.
Resident student permits are tentatively set to go on sale for online purchase in August where the date is TBD.
Information will be posted on the Parking Services website at https://parking.ok.ubc.ca prior to the sale date with the sale dates subject to change. If you are a Commuting student you are not eligible to purchase a Resident permit and vise-versa.
The permits are online purchase only and are based on availability. When permits are available, on the front page of the Parking Services website at https://parking.ok.ubc.ca, login to your Parking Account with your CWL (Campus Wide Login). In the Parking Portal, select Add/Edit Waitlists and follow the prompts to add to a waitlist. You will remain on the waitlist during the semester and emailed to purchase a permit based on your priority and placement. A vehicle does need to be on the account before purchasing the permit.
– The waitlist will close once all permits have been sold.
– Select up to 4 lots in the waitlist and prioritize them from 1-4 (first choice to last choice). Only one permit will be awarded.
– No permits will be sold in the office or over the phone. You must sign up for the waitlist online and awarded a permit before purchasing online.
– Permits are awarded based on order and priority.
– You will remain on the waitlist until you have either been awarded a permit, or until the waitlist has been closed.
One semester permit per person is allowed. Login with your CWL (Campus Wide login) to purchase the permit. A vehicle is required on your Parking Account before purchasing the permit. Outstanding account balances must be paid in full before a permit can be purchased.
If you are a new student, it may take time for the classification to propagate through the system – resident or commuting. Closer to the sale date you should expect to be able to login with your CWL and to add your vehicle(s) to your account to purchase a permit.
Parking is not reserved. Availability for parking on campus is limited and first come first serve.
Login to your account from the Parking Services website to manage and maintain your vehicle information with your CWL at https://parking.ok.ubc.ca.